Accompanied Viewings Safety Guidelines
Safe property viewings
Viewing properties is an important part of choosing to buy or let a property. For the majority of our contact with customers and clients we will make sure that as much as possible is conducted using digital tools and virtual meetings however it is likely that for a sale or let will be agreed there will be at least one physical property viewing required.
In order to reduce the risk to property owners of multiple property viewings, we ask customers to do a virtual viewing first (if available). We have then produced some safe viewing guidelines to help our owners, clients and agents stay safe during a viewing.
What to expect at a viewing
In order to reduce the risk of transmission we have made a number of changes to the way that we operate to ensure we keep colleagues and customers safe.
This guidance is for owners and occupiers and viewing customers who will be meeting our agents at a property.
- Prior to the appointment we will contact you to ensure that there have been no changes to anyone’s health. We will not attend a property where someone is ‘extremely vulnerable’
- Only members of the same household can attend the appointment with our agent so if necessary any other people will be required to remain outside the property during the visit
- Social distancing rules MUST be observed at all times. Please consider whether younger children and pets should remain outside the property during the appointment
- If social distancing is not possible then the property should be accessed by the viewers and agent on their own or face coverings used in line with Government guidelines
- All lights should be switched on and doors opened and commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Suitable handwashing facilities should be available on arrival and departure (all agents will carry anti-bacterial gel if needed) with disposable towels to be provided
- Please wash/sanitise your hands before and after the appointment and confirm if you would prefer to meet wearing face coverings
- Any discussions should be held outside ideally or in a well ventilated space but we will expect to hold detailed discussions on the phone of by video call
- All brochures and paperwork will be provided electronically
- Be aware that our agents will be dressed in smart casual attire which allows for regular washing and hygiene control
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- If the agent suffers any injury or illness you must contact the relevant branch office and seek further guidance. If the incident is an emergency please call 999
- Please advise us if there are any personal restrictions that will make adherence to the Government Covid 19 guidelines challenging
- If you require a copy of the Covid Secure risk assessment we have completed please contact the branch
If you feel that you are not able to meet any of these key points please let our team know as soon as possible.